Sunday, September 5, 2010

sugar free southern buttermilk pie


such a easy southern dessert,and sugar free as well.enjoy

Have a great week everyone


Southern Buttermilk Pie

3 eggs (or 4 eggs for less sweet version)
1 cup sugar ( I use the Sugar free sweetner Ideal ,it is great for baking
2 tablespoons flour, plus a little for dusting
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 1/2 cups buttermilk for less sweet version)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Beat eggs slightly and add sugar and flour. Then add melted butter and mix well. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix.
Dust the unbaked pie shell with a little bit of flour. Pour batter into shell, and then sprinkle a little more flour on top.
Bake at 325 degrees until the custard is set, approximately 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cilla Sweetie...
    Oh and you shared the sugar free version. Yippee and this sounds so yummy. I can't wait to give it a try. I will be adding some of these ingredients to my grocery list so that I can try it this weekend.

    Oh sweetie thank you for sharing this, as it does sound SO scrumptous. I love trying new things.

    Hope you had a great Labor Day. I have spent it resting a little. I have been worn out lately. I had great plans to craft but didn't happen today. I know when my body says "rest" I need to do just that.

    Have a beautiful evening sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete