Cinnamon toast muffins
soo yummy,great for breakfast or a evening snack.enjoy :)
Cinnamon Toast Muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
5 tbsps. butter
5 tbsps. vegetable shortening
3 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar blended with 3 tsps. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar together.
3. Beat in the eggs, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
4. Add the flour and milk to the bowl, alternating and stirring briefly between each addition until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool.
7. In a small bowl, melt the butter. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
8. Dip each muffin into the melted butter, letting the excess drip off, and then quickly dip into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.