Wednesday, January 20, 2010

valentine's day cookies


Hello my dear friends,i hope everyone is doing well,I have missed you all dearly,i should be back to regular posting now

wanting to share with you of my favorite cookie recipes.Heart shaped valentine cookies,with Valentine's day coming up ,this sweet dessert would make your sweetie smile,along side a nice cup of tea



Sugar Cookies:
3 1/2 cups (460 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanil;a extract
Royal Icing Using Egg Whites:
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups (330 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
or
Royal Icing Using Meringue Powder:
4 cups (440 grams) confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons(30 grams) meringue powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup (120 - 180 ml) warm water
Food Coloring (I use Gel Pastes that can be found at cake decorating and party stores

2 comments:

  1. Cilla darling, on my blog, you can't right click to save a photo, therefore, simply click on the tiara photo which will take you to another page with the photo on it, at this point you can right click and save the photo.

    Then you can simply copy the photo onto your blog. Most blogs, display them on the side (in your case the right handside of the blog). Either above or below the Followers gadget.

    For this you can click on "Customize" which is on the top top right handside of the screen, then click on "Add a Gadget" then click on "Add a Picture " then upload the photo and save.

    I hope this is what you were asking me and if so I do hope that this helps, in case you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I will be glad to help you.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was able too ad it sweetie thank you with all my heart .if sometime u want to talk by email feel free cillababy@live.com have a great friday .cilla

    ReplyDelete